- A preliminary schedule has been posted: OPAM XXV 2017 Mini Program
- Registration is live! Please make sure to register for the special Wednesday night and Thursday morning social/networking events. Complimentary food and drink!
- All talk, poster, and travel award notifications have been sent out. Thank you for submitting and applying! If you have not received an e-mail, please check your spam folder. Otherwise, please e-mail email@example.com.
- We have a new Twitter account — please follow for updates! #OPAMXXV
The 25th Annual Workshop on Object Perception, Attention, and Memory will be held on Wednesday November 8th & Thursday November 9th, 2017 in Vancouver, British Columbia. OPAM will take place immediately before The Psychonomic Society meeting at the same venue.
Special two-day OPAM XXV in 2017!
In honor of OPAM’s 25th Anniversary, we are pleased to announce a special, expanded OPAM in 2017! This unique two-day meeting includes:
- 20 travel awards given to talk and poster presenters!
- Expanded talk and poster sessions featuring graduate and postdoctoral research
- Keynote lecture by Dr. Jeremy Wolfe, Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- Discover Pasteur’s Quadrant: Four research communities that will inspire your work! — a panel to inspire cross-disciplinary perspectives for innovative, applicable, and fundable research! Featuring leaders in data visualization, virtual reality, human-computer interactions, and education: Steven Franconeri (moderator), Sarah Creem-Regehr, Mary Hegarty, Kevin MacKenzie, and Tamara Munzner
- Several unique opportunities to engage and network with fellow OPAM trainees and PIs
The two-day format is set to begin in the late afternoon on Wednesday, November 8 and run through the afternoon of Thursday, November 9 at the Vancouver Convention Centre. Taking advantage of the West Coast location, this should provide attendees from North America time to reach Vancouver with same-day travel.
New partnership with Visual Cognition
Visual Cognition has been a longtime supporter and sponsor of OPAM, and this year we are excited to announce a new step forward for OPAM submissions. In previous years, OPAM talk presenters were given the opportunity to publish their talk summaries in Visual Cognition. This year, submissions that are chosen for talk presentations will have the opportunity to submit their ultimate manuscripts through a fast-tracked and full peer-review process for publication at Visual Cognition. OPAM talks-turned-manuscripts will be expedited and guaranteed a 40-day turnaround from submission to initial decision (including full reviews). Furthermore, the editorial board at Visual Cognition are eager to mentor young trainees and will provide extra constructive feedback through the peer-review process. Publications that come out of this process will be highlighted as special OPAM papers. This OPAM–Visual Cognition publication opportunity is completely optional, and presenters are by no means obliged to submit to Visual Cognition; furthermore, ultimate acceptance of the submitted manuscript is not guaranteed. However, we sincerely hope that high-quality presentations that are submitted to OPAM and chosen for talks will take advantage of this unique opportunity!
OPAM 2017 is looking for sponsors! Sponsoring OPAM emphasizes your commitment to supporting the scientific endeavors of early-career researchers (see infographic!), and fostering networking opportunities for individuals who will be on the market for graduate studies, postdoctoral positions, and faculty appointments. Sponsorship rates begin for as little as $200, which includes advertising space in the OPAM program, website and e-mails, and spotlight exposure during the conference. Typical sponsors include academic departments, software companies, and other research institutions. If your organization is interested in supporting OPAM, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible!
We are grateful to our growing list of 2017 sponsors for their support in enabling us to organize and run OPAM this year!